Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://servonyx.net, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ServOnyx's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ServOnyx's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ServOnyx at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on ServOnyx's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. ServOnyx makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, ServOnyx does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall ServOnyx or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ServOnyx's website, even if ServOnyx or a ServOnyx authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on ServOnyx's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ServOnyx does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. ServOnyx may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However ServOnyx does not make any commitment to update the materials.
ServOnyx has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ServOnyx of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
ServOnyx may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Merseyside, United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us. It is ServOnyx's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://servonyx.net, and other sites we own and operate.
1. Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
- Social media profiles
- Date of birth
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/Mailing address
- Work address
- Payment information
2. Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our website;
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators.
5. International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in United Kingdom, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and data portability: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Notification of data breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
8. Business transfers
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
10. Changes to this policy
ServOnyx Data Controller
ServOnyx Data Protection Officer
This policy is effective as of 01 Jan 2022.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
2. Types of cookies and how we use them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and timezone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
Targeting/advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We do not use this type of cookie on our site.
3. Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
4. How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
This acceptable use policy governs your use of the services we provide (“Hosting Services”). Your use of the Hosting Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms and conditions. ServOnyx may modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time without notice.
You must not allow a third party to access or use the Hosting Services. If you have purchased one of our reseller hosting packages, you can allow a third party (a “Third Party”) to access or use the Hosting Services. If you do so, they will also be regulated by this acceptable use policy. As such, you will monitor the use of the Hosting Services by a Third Party and you will procure that they abide by this acceptable use policy. A breach of this acceptable use policy by a Third Party will be deemed to be a breach of this acceptable use policy by you.
The Hosting Services are provided by ServOnyx Network (“we”, “us” and “our”).
1. Resource Usage
a. The Shared Hosting Services comprise the provision of web space on our servers to enable you to upload pages and files for the purpose of publishing websites.
b. The Shared Hosting Services allow you ‘unlimited’ server space for normal routine “non-file-distribution” web usage. For websites that allow downloading of video, audio or other files we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of fifty (50) gigabytes per calendar month.
c. Non-file-distribution usage will remain unaffected by any limit imposed on downloading of video, audio or other files.
d. In your use of the Shared Hosting Services (other than where you are using your own virtual private server), you may not:
- > use more than 10% of our platform's processing capacity. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems, including (but not limited to) CGI scripts and intensive FTP, PHP or HTTP operations
- > run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes or any daemons; including (but not limited to) IRCd
- > run any type of web spider or indexer
- > run any software that interfaces with an Internet Relay Chat network
- > run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrent files off-site, but may not host or store them on our servers
- > participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- > run any gaming servers
- > run entries or other scheduled tasks other than by configuring them through our control panel
- > give away web space under a domain (including Resellers giving away free websites)
- > operate a proxy website or service
- > as a remote file host for other websites
- > operate self-hosted file sync or similar “cloud storage” based services including (but not limited to) OwnCloud, Pydio and Sparkleshare.
e. You must not use the Hosting Services as an offsite backup facility. Therefore, all files uploaded to our servers as part of your usage of the Hosting Services must be visible and accessible to the outside world (web-visible) unless they are needed to operate the website of which they form part; We reserve the right to delete files or directories that are not web-visible without giving notice to you.
f. All pages of website stored on our servers as part of the Hosting Services will be available to search engines unless you take action to prevent this. If you wish to optimise your web pages for search engines you agree to use coding and techniques which comply fully with the guidelines issued by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other large search engines.
g. MySQL Databases are limited to 1024 megabytes in size, when they reach this size we will notify you.
h. If you are a Reseller and deactivate a resold web hosting account we will delete it after 50 days.
2. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Hosting Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Hosting Services:
- > in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- > in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- > for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- > to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below)
- > to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (also known as SPAM - see below)
- > to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
3. Content Standards
a. These content standards apply to any and all material that you allow to be hosted through the Hosting Services and to any interactive services associated with it.
b. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Material as well as to its whole.
- > be accurate (where they state facts)
- > be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- > comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Material must not:
- > contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- > contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- > contain any material that is pornographic
- > promote violence
- > promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- > infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- > be likely to deceive any person
- > be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- > promote any illegal activity
- > be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- > be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- > be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- > give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- > advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
4. Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
a. We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited email, bulk emailing and spam. We may terminate the account of any user who send out spam with or without notice
b. Websites advertised as spam may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging or newsgroups. Any user account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
c. ServOnyx reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any website, account, database or component that does not comply with our policy
d. ServOnyx reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited email, a clean-up fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion.
5. Suspension & Termination
a. We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Hosting Services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
b. Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the our terms and conditions of sale upon which you are permitted to use the Hosting Services, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
c. immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Hosting Services
d. immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Material (as defined in paragraph 5.1) uploaded to our servers
e. issue of a warning to you
f. issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
g. further legal action against you
h. disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
6. Changes To Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
ServOnyx Network are an accredited member of the Nordic Domain Name Network ©. Domains are provisioned and managed through the ServOnxy Network.
We cannot guarantee the availability of a particular domain, however any charges incurred in the registration of a domain which is subsequently found to be unavailable will be refunded in full.
Please note that the registrars may reject the registration of a domain if invalid information is provided at the time of order. All TLDs and ccTLDs have differing validation requirements which are also subject to change. As such we are not responsible for the validation of such data and it is your responsibility to check that a domain registration has been completed by the receipt of a ‘domain registration confirmation’ email. In the unlikely event a domain is rejected by the registrar, you will not receive such an email and we would need to be alerted to investigate this with the registrar directly and process the registration manually.
If you cancel a domain name or let it expire, it may be deleted by your Registrar. If deleted, the domain name will enter into a redemption period for 15 days, under which it remains available to restore. Extra fee may apply during the redemption perioid. If it is not restored, the domain name will enter into "PendingDelete" status for 5 days.
We use PayPal Checkout Payment & Stripe Online Payment Processing (Pay by Credit / Debit Card) as a method of payment. Subscription based payments will be setup when adding a debit or credit card.
All accounts will be activated instantly on receipt of payment. Once paid, our systems will automatically provision your account and will notify you of any relevant setup / information.
Due to our fraud prevention systems – any order may be placed in a ‘Pending’ state awaiting confirmation / acceptance by management. This may cause delays and will prevent automatic creation of the shared hosting accounts mentioned above.